Welcome to the information site of the 24th International Conference on Information Fusion. The conference will take place at the Sun City Convention Centre in Rustenburg, South Africa, from 12 to 15 July 2021.
We are excited about FUSION2021 as it will be the first time since Fusion’s inception in 1998, that the conference will be held on the African continent, and in South Africa.
It will provide an opportunity for many young African scientists to attend the Fusion conference who previously would not have been able to do so. The South African government and many local industry organisations have already pledged a substantial amount of funding to ensure Fusion2021 will be a most memorable event.
The International Conference on Information Fusion is the premier forum for the interchange of the latest research in data and information fusion. The conference brings together researchers and practitioners from academia and industry to report on the latest scientific and technical advances.
In keeping with tradition, we will be hosting FUSION2021 at a superb conference venue, the Sun City Convention Centre. The venue has been host to many international congresses. Sun City is situated 200km from Johannesburg and can be easily reached with one of many shuttle services, self-drive rental cars.
The Sun City hotels are of the highest standards, and the conference venues feature state-of-the-art equipment and facilities – at an affordable rate to all attendees.
Attendees are guaranteed to enjoy excellent game viewing and African bush activities in the malaria-free Pilanesberg National Park – experience a game drive, enjoy an outdoor “braai” in a traditional Boma (bush enclosure) and sit down to a gala dinner that will showcase some of South Africa’s culinary delights and world class wines.
The Pilanesberg National Park covers 55,000 hectares and is the fourth largest National Park in southern Africa, and is home to among others – the big five. The park is perched on the eroded vestiges of an alkaline volcanic crater – one of only three such craters in the world. Sun City also lies within this crater. The Fusion2021 conference logo symbolises this crater in ancient rock art drawings style – of which many can be found in abundance is Southern Africa.
10 Reasons not to miss Fusion2021
- It will be the first time Fusion is hosted on the African continent
- It is in the same time zone as Europe during conference season
- It is only a 10-hour flight from Europe
- South Africa will give you value for your money (Cost of a Big Mac burger in South Africa $1.89 VS USA $4.51)
- Excellent cuisine and fine dining at affordable prices (A three course steak meal, including wine – $24.00)
- Come see the Big 5 (Elephant, Buffalo, Lion, Rhino, Leopard)
- The Kruger National Park is home to the greatest diversity of wildlife species on the African continent, and counts as one of the world’s principal conservation areas
- South Africa has the longest wine route in the world
- Cape Town is only a 2 hours flight from Johannesburg