The Organizing Committee of the 24th International Conference on Information Fusion is inviting the submission of proposals for tutorials to be presented on 1 November 2021. The main purpose of the tutorial programme is to provide overviews of the state of the art in the particular subfields of Information Fusion.
Proposals for tutorials may cover the areas listed in the general Call for Papers (theory and representation, algorithms, applications, methods and tools), as well as other areas where Information Fusion can or should be applicable.
Tutorial Proposal Requirements
Proposals should be a pdf document in a format which includes all relevant information for evaluation.
A proposal needs to contain:
- The title of the proposed tutorial
- Length of the tutorial: Half-day or full-day (we expect to accept 14 tutorials to be presented in half-day slots – fewer if some tutorials occupy full-day slots)
- The intended audience and prerequisites for the attendees’ background knowledge
- Brief description and outline: What will the tutorial be about? Please provide an outline of what you plan to cover, including references and details on how much time you will spend on each topic. We encourage the presenters to demonstrate coverage and representativeness of the chosen area of research, not to focus solely on their own results or tools.
- Biographical sketch(es) of the instructor(s) including previous lecture and tutorial experience. We suggest that each tutorial is given by at most two presenters. If there is more than one presenter, please describe how time will be split. If available, please include samples of your past tutorial (or other relevant) slides or links to video recordings on the topic.
The honorarium for tutorial speakers is made up of a variable amount, directly taken from the tutorial fees after costs, and is thus proportional to the number of attendees. We will not offer any printing services and are not responsible for study materials distributed to the attendees.
Submissions and Important Deadlines
The organizer should email the tutorial proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tutorial proposal submission: 15 March 2021
Notification of acceptance: 25 March 2021
Denis Garagić, Stefano Coraluppi – email: email@example.com